Monday, November 1, 2010

Everything is Possible...Mamma Mia!

I just packed my bag. It is time to return home in the morn. The door flings open---in come my wonderful hosts---whose home I've camped in the middle of for two weeks---singing "Tante Auguri" (Happy Birthday) and bringing a homemade compilation of The Best of Italy soundtrack. It's playing now---and the sounds of love and open hearts surround me. Wow. I always believed everything is possible. The world is my oyster, I said as a young twenty-something. And now, mid-life, I've traveled to Italy to unite with a colleague and celebrate this, literally, from the rooftops. That my journey would fling me right into the arms  of Italy is both unbelievable---and stunningly real. I'm starting to REALLY believe what I've always known! Now---the rain is pouring down. Thunder, too. And big operatic voices. "Mamma Mia!" says Alberto. And I realize how close "Everything is Possible" is to "Yes We Can!"

The beat is gypsy now. With accordian and clarinet. Deep dance music. I realize how blissful it is to sometimes be outside of understanding. I don't know the words...I just feel the music!! Andiamo! (Let's go!)

No comments:

Post a Comment